Down Payment Assistance Programs for First Time Home Buyers in Johnson County, Kansas
If you live in Kansas and are interested in buying a home in Johnson County – there may be down payment assistance programs available to you. Saving enough money for a down payment is one of the single biggest obstacles to homeownership – but it is entirely possible that down payment assistance is available to you and you aren’t even aware of it.
What is Down Payment Assistance?
It is any kind of program that is designed to help people get into a home. That may be a very broad definition, but down payment assistance programs are not always programs that hand out free money by giving you cash in a suitcase – they can take many different forms. Some examples of the different types of down payment assistance programs that may be available include: Grants, Silent Seconds, Delayed Repayment Loans, Interest Free Loans, and Lender Specific Programs. Since there are so many different types of programs that may be available – it is advised that you find the right loan officer who is knowledgeable in programs in your area.
Down Payment Assistance Programs in Johnson County, Kansas
- Kansas Housing Assistance Program: Kansas Housing Assistance Program 4% Cash Assistance Is a down payment preventing you from buying a home? People needing cash assistance for a down payment on your mortgage loan now have a solution. For more information, Click here.
- Johnson County Housing Services Homebuyer Assistance Program: The Johnson County Housing Services Homebuyer Assistance Program is designed to assist low-to-moderate income Johnson County residents or persons who have been employed for at least two consecutive years in Johnson County with down payment/closing cost assistance towards the purchase of a home. The Program is made possible through the HOME Investment Partnership grant which is awarded to Johnson County Housing Services by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. For more information, Click here.
Mortgage Programs Available in Johnson County, Kansas
- Kansas Housing Assistance Program – Targeted Select Areas: Kansas Housing Assistance Program is a 4% Borrower Cash Assistance 30 year fixed rate high loan-to-value mortgage loans – FHA, VA, and USDA Rural Development Loans. For more information, Click here.
Additional Home Buying Resources
HUD offers some resources to those people who are interested in learning more about the process of buying a home, and the information on HUD’s website is free. Just a few of the services that HUD offers information about include: housing counseling agencies, predatory lending, education, assistance programs, HUD homes for sale, homeownership vouchers, home repairs, avoiding foreclosure, making your home more energy efficient, and more.
Other Relevant Johnson County Sites
- Kansas Association of Realtors
- Johnson County School
- Johnson County Sheriff
- HUD Homeownership Assistance for Kansas